It is best to make this chocolate mousse the day before. Thi is the simplest chocolate mousse recipe we have ever made and it is stunning. It makes the Seatonfire Drinking Fondue sing, and is great as an afternoon treat, or as a light end to dinner with friends. And if you have to restrict your sugar intake, you can use a different sweetener — just remember to follow the appropriate conversion ratios.
- 1 cup heavy cream,
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Seatonfire Drinking Fondue
To add a little twist to this delicious chocolate mousse, you can add five chopped mint leaves into the mixture
- Stir together all the ingredients except the egg whites in a mixing bowl.
- Beat the chocolate mixture on medium speed until thick.
- In a separate bowl electric whisk the egg whites until they form firm peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture lovingly and gently. Then spoon the combined mixture into individual serving glasses or one serving bowl.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, although overnight is best.