Okay, so this recipe might seem like hard work, but it is in fact easy and incredibly delicious. It is also incredibly versatile, can be served as dinner with rice and salad, used in tacos with chopped lettuce, or as a dip with corn chips.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 kg ground beef (omit for vegetarian)
- 2 400g cans whole tomatoes or 4 fresh tomatoes
- 2 red chillis, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cans red kidney beans
- 35 grams of Seatonfire Drinking Fondue.
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the beef, onion, and garlic in the olive oil, and brown.
- Stir in all other ingredients and spices, except the kidney beans. Turn the heat down to low, and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Add more chilli, salt or spices if required.
- Simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally as the mixture will thicken.
- Add the kidney beans to cook until they are heated all the way through
Serve with good company, and enjoy!